Dental crowns in Gorham are durable and beautiful tooth-shaped caps that can solve a variety of oral health issues. However, designing and creating a custom traditional dental crown can take several weeks. If you have a painful, cracked, weakened, or worn-down tooth, a few weeks can feel like a very long time! Thankfully, you can repair your tooth and get the relief you need in record time with same-day crowns in Gorham. Read on to learn how this modern advancement in dentistry can help you get back to enjoying your happy, healthy smile as soon as possible.
CEREC: The Latest & Greatest Dental Crown Process
CEREC stands for “chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics.” This state-of-the-art technology eliminates the need for a temporary crown as well as weeks of waiting. Instead, your smile can be restored in a few hours or less after just a few simple steps. First, your Gorham dentist will use a small camera to take digital pictures of your mouth. A specialized software will then convert these images into a virtual 3D model of your ideal tooth. Next, your dentist or technician will closely inspect the model and make any necessary adjustments to ensure every little detail is correct.
Once the virtual model is finished, it’s sent to an in-office milling machine. This equipment will precisely craft your crown out of a durable and lifelike ceramic that matches the shade of your natural teeth perfectly. After another inspection from your dentist and a quick polish, your new permanent dental crown will be ready to be bonded to your tooth.
Comparing Traditional & Same-Day Dental Crowns
There are numerous advantages of choosing a same-day crown over a traditional one, including some that you might not have considered right away, like:
- No need for messy dental putty: Traditional dental crowns are created from impressions taken with a sticky dental putty. CEREC utilizes high-tech digital imaging to make this process more comfortable and exact.
- Lifelike, metal-free restorations: Previously, dental crowns were usually made from shiny, noticeable metals. Modern dental crowns are now crafted from durable, tooth-colored dental ceramic that will blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- Preserve more of your natural tooth: A thin layer of enamel needs to be removed in order to make room for your new dental crown. Advanced technology allows your dentist to design a strong restoration that preserves as much of your natural tooth structure as possible.
- Protect your vulnerable tooth: With the traditional method, you need to rely on a temporary dental crown to protect your vulnerable tooth for several weeks until your permanent restoration is ready. Preparing your tooth and installing the permanent crown in the same day is a safer choice when restoring your tooth.
- Enjoy a renewed smile in a single day: With same-day dental crowns, you can enjoy a happy, healthy, and completely repaired smile in just a few hours or less!
Modern advancements in dentistry have made restoring teeth easier, quicker, and more comfortable than ever. If you need a tooth repaired, ask your Gorham dentist about same-day CEREC dental crowns so you can get back to enjoying your healthy smile.
About the Practice
At Morgan-Hill Dental Care, we’re dedicated to providing comfortable, friendly, and exceptional dentistry for the smiles of Gorham, ME. We strive to make every dental visit as pleasant as possible with a friendly environment, welcoming dental team, and a patient-focused approach to care. High quality materials and state-of-the-art technology allow us to help you overcome nearly any oral health issue with long-lasting, beautiful results. If you’d like to learn more about same-day crowns, we can be contacted via our website or at (207) 839-2655.