BOTOX® – Gorham, ME
Reduce Signs of Aging
Aging is a natural part of life, but some people show the signs more clearly than others. Fortunately, we live in a day and age where you don’t need to accept fine lines and wrinkles quite yet. In addition to using your facial muscles daily, other factors, like sun exposure, smoking, and genetics can worsen the appearance of wrinkles. To recreate your smooth, youthful appearance, we offer BOTOX® in Gorham. To learn more about BOTOX® and find out if it is a good option for you, give us a call to get started!
Why Choose Morgan-Hill Dental Care For BOTOX®?
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Friendly, Professional Dental Team
- State-of-the-Art Techniques and Technology
What is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is the bacteria, botulinum toxin in a diluted form. This is injected into overworked muscles that have created lines and wrinkles to help them relax. This reduces the appearance of signs of aging. Optimal results usually take between five and ten days to show and last anywhere between three and six months.
Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX®?
Patients who are pregnant, have certain neuromuscular diseases, have skin disorders, or have deep facial scars, likely are not good candidates for BOTOX®. This is why it’s so important that you discuss your medical history with your dentist. Ideal candidates for BOTOX® are usually in their late 20s or older and are looking to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. BOTOX® can address the following facial imperfections:
- Crow’s feet
- Muscle spasms
- Lines between the eyebrows
- Horizontal lines on the forehead
- Smoker’s lines around the lips
- Lines at the corner of the mouth
The Benefits of BOTOX®
There are many reasons why a patient may want to undergo BOTOX® treatment. Here are some of the great benefits you can experience:
- Quick Results: BOTOX® has the nickname “lunchtime facelift” because it can be completed in as few as 20 minutes. Results become noticeable in just three to five days.
- Non-Surgical: Unlike invasive surgical procedures, BOTOX® is scalpel-free and requires little to no recovery time.
- Cost-Effective: BOTOX® is a cost-effective way to enhance your appearance.
- Delicate Effects: Lots of patients worry that BOTOX® will be very obvious. The effects are actually subtle and delicate, and they will enhance your youthfulness.
- Lasting Results: The effects of BOTOX® typically last between three and six months.
Why See a Dentist for BOTOX?
Dentists have spent many years of their lives studying and observing the ways that facial muscles interact. Dentists also have years of experience administering precise injections. It is also much more convenient to receive your cleaning and checkup alongside BOTOX® all at the same time. This means fewer trips to different offices and no need to work with an additional medical professional to get the results you’re looking for.
How Long Does BOTOX® Last?
BOTOX® on average lasts between 3-6 months for most patients.
Are the Effects of BOTOX® Permanent?
No, BOTOX® will last approximately 3-6 months. If you do a treatment of BOTOX® and decide you don’t like it, your skin will return to what it looked like previous to treatment.
Which Areas of the Face Are Recommended for Treatment of BOTOX®?
BOTOX® works best on your upper face – your forehead, between the brows, and the areas around your eyes.
What Should I Expect During a BOTOX® Procedure?
BOTOX® is a quick procedure – only taking a few minutes! Muscles are injected with a fine needle, causing only slight discomfort.
How Does BOTOX® Work?
BOTOX® keeps certain muscles from receiving signals from the nerves. This keeps the muscles from contracting and allows the wrinkles on the face to relax. The result is younger-looking skin and fewer wrinkles.