What better way to start the new year (and take advantage of your newly reset dental benefits) than by scheduling a dental appointment for the whole family? A regular checkup and cleaning will help you and your loved ones maintain happy, healthy smiles – and if everyone can receive quality care from the same dental practice, so much the better. Read on to learn why you should make arrangements for everyone to see a family dentist in Gorham.
The Importance of Regular Checkups and Cleanings
Even if no one is suffering from a toothache or a cavity, it’s important for each member of your family to see the dentist at least twice a year. Regular checkups are the best way to catch gum disease and tooth decay before they become advanced enough to pose a serious threat. And with a professional cleaning, your dentist can get rid of any plaque and tartar that was missed during regular brushing and flossing; this is especially important for younger children that aren’t able to brush and floss all of their teeth very well yet.
There are other benefits to having an appointment sooner than later. Most dentists will perform an oral cancer screening during a checkup. Detecting this disease early can give your loved ones a much better chance of survival. Furthermore, your dentist can check for signs of teeth grinding (also known as bruxism) and provide you with a nightguard that will help prevent further dental damage.
The Benefits of a Family Dentist
While you could find a separate pediatric dentist for your children, it’s generally a good idea to find a practice that can see everybody. Advantages include:
- Convenience: You will no longer need to separate clinics to fulfil each family member’s separate dental needs.
- Scheduling: If you can find a practice where everyone in your family can be seen on the same day, it can end up saving you a lot of time in the long run.
- Versatility: Dentists who work with families tend to offer a wider variety of services, lowering the risk that you’ll need to find a specialist.
- Strong Relationships: Seeing a dentist that’s familiar with everyone in your family can help your children feel less anxious during their appointments.
- Tracking Dental History: Some people are more vulnerable to tooth decay and gum disease than others, and this trait can be passed to their children. It will be much easier for your dentist to protect your little ones from such conditions if they already have access to your dental history.
These benefits can leave you and your loved ones smiling for a very long time – but of course, that’s only if you’re seeing the dentist on a regular basis. Call your dentist in Gorham now to talk about your next appointment!
About the Practice
At Morgan-Hill Dental Care, our three highly experienced dentists share a passion for dental care that puts the patient first, and they offer a wide array of dental services that cover the needs of children, adults, and seniors alike. To schedule a checkup for your entire family at their Gorham office, visit their website or call (408) 778-4838.